Friday, August 1, 2008

It's been awhile

well, im pretty cool right now. Most of my burdens are off~

left like, newswriting and parts of tv proposal. and then study for exams. heh. the past week, 4/5 days were like tiring la, not for me but for the others as well. All of us who slept late and stuff but it's finally over. Cheers to that and i'm free to blog.

I'm gonna let myself relax today and get back to working tomorrow, last hurdle to cross. Seriously, the atmosphere is kinda holidayish right now, must be the cooling down period from all that work...

So anyways. erm...lets see, while i dig up a picture to blog about...


Right, so this is a picture of the newspaper cuttings of, in my opinion, (seriously "imo" just breaks the flow of any sentence like, "wtf? whats imo?...hmmm oh yah! in my oregon" sorry, poor analogy =_=) yeah, so in my opinion, the BEST ban mian stall in singapore, run by an elderly couple. Where is this located? I'll not be selfish and tell you...it's in airport terminal 2 staff canteen.

I tell you ah, the ban mian is:

  1. Delicious
  2. healthy
  3. Cheap
  4. Alot of ingredient
    1. got meat
    2. egg
    3. ikan billis
    4. mushroom
    5. veg (overkill)
    6. noodles and soup (duh)
  5. Ownage chilli
  6. Great stock for soup
  7. Wholesome
  8. The holy grail for noodle fans
Aiyah, i dunno how to put into words what i feel for the noodles la whoo~ (feeling high at the thought of ban mian). yeah, anyways,

THEY. ARE. GONE.

yes, T_T.

A few months back, the auntie talk to me, she know me mah, i so awesome, so yeah, she told me in july/august they retiring le, since they old, and stuff liddat la, so i was pretty sad. And promised myself to come back for one last bowl before they left (now i go there every like 1-2 times/2 weeks?) so last week, when i went back for the LAST bowl...

THEY. WERE. GONE.

yes, T^T .

Then right, the person who took over, with her son la. damn disappointing I tell you ah, their ban mian is:
  1. A shadow of the original
  2. healthy (cauz they copy recipe)
  3. Cheap (but less liao)
  4. LESS ingredients
    1. got meat (but less)
    2. egg (the kid dunno how to break egg)
    3. ikan billis (less)
    4. mushroom (extinct)
    5. veg (i actually miss the veg)
    6. noodles and soup (duh, but lesser)
  5. Ownage chilli (COPY recipe)
  6. Great stock for soup (no more)
  7. Wholesome (but leave a feeling of sadness for the long time customers)
  8. The REMEMBRANCE of the original holy grail for noodle fans
Sigh, i cant put in words how disappointed i am, but for the sake of the elder couple, and in remembrance of their work, i shall give these newbie face, and try out a few more times, if still no hope. I wash my hands off them.

Yeah. T_T. anyways, I got a picture of the original ban mian taken months back, it might not look appetizing, i dunno, but its my camera la, and the lighting.

I miss them already.

Anyways, couple of funny things, i found this at jurong east mrt outside their public toilets. Obviously they discourage commuters in using the toilets, so if you got stomache-ache, you either pay $500 dollars or run 300 metres to the mall nearby.

(Sorry i lazy rotate for you guys)

Sorry it's blur and stuff, it's actually kinda embarrassing taking a picture outside a toilet? and suspicious too lol, wait i get fined hahahaha, sorry la, i easily amused.

Well, I don't have much for now, except the song "No Rain No Rainbow" by homemade KAZOKU, it's the soundtrack for the latest shippuuden movie, enjoy!

Anyways, everyone KEEP AT IT, sem's gonna end in 20 days!!! YES! (I hear Mark crying in relieve somewhere, tsk)

Well nice weekend guys.


No comments: