Friday, July 17, 2009

My Odyssey

Before I start, I like to wish HongZuo a Happy Birthday. He turns 50 this year. So wish him well people. (:D)


Now seriously, I haven't walked in ages. I woke up restless this morning, and I thought heyy, I'm not as sleepy or tired as I thought. And I stepped out of my bed.

Owww. Wah. fierce. Feet gee gee. My sixth toe dropped off.

Let me tell you what happened yesterday. Remember me mentioning my skatepark photoessay?
Here's yesterday's statistics (from 1pm to 11.30pm)

1. 
Left school on bus heading toward sixth avenue, dropped one stop before intended stop, had to wander around for a bit, before walking 200 metres down to the next stop. Where I found LSP.

2. 
After I was done at 3pm. I went to the bus stop and for some reason, when I flagged down the bus, the uncle, whom have had enough time to see me waving from a distance, and whom turned his head to look at me, simply drived off. Seriously ==, Im looking at you SBS. So i walked back the 200 metres to the next bustop (where i noticed the same incident happen to another dude with another bus) @_@

3. 
Took bus to school, took bus to clementi, before taking the train down to queenstown. Where I wandered about searching for a skatepark. And after that, I wandered/walked/searched my way to Go Sports, at Commonwealth Ave. When Zicheng joined me later. We walked back to Queenstown mrt.

4. 
Took a train to Somerset, where I ran about frantically snapping and dodging skaters/bikers/half-nude try-hards. 

5. 
When done, I walked down to the 7-11 at the mrt with Zichar to get a drink, then he said 'eh we can't drink here'.... so we walked up again with our drinks, before walking back down to the mrt. zichar left.

6. 
I thought I was on my last pitstop - East Coast SkatePark. Well I thought WRONG. I went to tanah merah MRT, walked out from the underpass to the bus stop, and called Grace saying I might not make it in time for Street E. She told me to go for the prayer at least, and stay a bit. it was @ 630 then. Street E was @ 730. Being the responsible leader, I walked back through the underpass, back to the MRT, before going back to Pasir Ris, where I took dinner, and waited.

7. 
For some reason Street E began at 8. Fine, after we prayed and stuff, I took off. Pasir Ris > Tanah Merah > 18 minutes for bus 38.

8. 
When I finally reached parkway parade, I walked all the way into the HDB, through another underpass O_o, and walked a while to the nearest bike stand. 

"Uncle, can i borrow bike?"
"Now only overnight"
"I want travel to area F, one hour only can?"
"Wah area F ah, here area c, you got to travel c > d > e > f. Very far leh, and sorry, cannot 1 hour"
"waaah, then err, how to get there ah"
"taxi or walk"
"kthnxbye"

9. 
I walked to the taxi stand behind macs, where I cut the queue, not intentionally since there wasn't any formal taxi stand. When I talked to the uncle. This is a snippet of the convo we had when we arrived.

"You want see how far you could have walked?"
"suree"
"2.5 km, you can actually walk here, like napfa, 10 minutes only"
"haha uncle, i never train, sure die one"
"heh, err, can give me 20 cents? I no change"
"yeah okay. kthnxbye"

10. 
Thankfully I took the cab. 10-15 minutes after i arrived, the lights went off, so imagine if i walked the 2.5 km, and reached to see the skatepark closed?? omg gee gee man, I tell you, I would have nearly died. So the 20 cents was worth it.

11. 
Cut a long story short.
walk to underpass > walked to main road > took bus > cross road > took bus > walked > took MRT to Pasir Ris > walked to parents car > home.

Whee~!
*image edited

Anyways, I'm sure you've noticed the 56 times I mentioned 'walk' in my post (no really, dun count, I was kidding) I'm really thankful that I got to the skatepark on time, else I wouldnt be blogging this now, and would actually be going out again. And well, for the whole of yesterday, I snapped 439 pictures :O I'm gonna have to review all of them later and stuff, but it's okay, I'm satisfied to have the morning as a break. But whee, crazy walk man. Beat that YH! rawr. no joking, dun beat me, owww.

No comments: