Thursday, April 2, 2009

I mastered the PEN TOOL~!!

heh heh, lets put it this way, after so long, I've learned and gotten the hold of how to use photoshop's PEN TOOL! ahahaha.

Y'know, everytime I use the line tool in photoshop, and if the mode isn't properly selected, I will encounter this wierd thing called the pen tool. It's wierd and infuriating to not understand how it works, (I'm talking about the one with the anchor points one, not the freestyle pen tool)

So anyways, 3 days back, out of freedom and boredom, I went online looking for explanations and instructions on how to use the pentool. ALMOST every article I read began something like this:

"The pen tool is one of the 2 most important tools in photoshop..."
or
"Mastering the pen tool is essential in fully taking advantage of photoshop's blah blah blah"

And it was some infuriating read through article after article and wierdo videos on youtube. But thankfully, after some random video/article/ experimenting, I realised how the pentool work and I realised its awesomeness for drawing or simply for creating vectors/silluoettes in photoshop. ZOMG.

Take for example this picture.

Remember the brush I created for this? but now, the one above which I used the pen tool and not the magnetic lesso tool, is just SWEET. ZOMG luh, I recommend anyone reading this post and using photoshop, to learn the pen tool. The trick to anchors, is the alt key and the 'apple' key.
___________________________________________


Anyways, 2 days back, I received a mail from teecube. They are having a design competition again, winners get to have their designs bought from 77th Street, which might not be fabulous, but still fantastic for a portfolio or anything. winners take $250 max and deadlines on April 19.

HOWEVER, since its in April 19, I decided to use my design for threadless first. Since $3.3k > $250. And if it doesn't get accepted then I go teecube heh heh.

I will fully take this opportunity to exercise my newfound knownledge in the pentool! hahaha.

No comments: