Thursday, February 21, 2008

Shitake Phobia.

So I said that today I was going to start cooking "ramen". and i did. and i cooked 2 ^^:

Mushroom Shoyu Ramen, and later a Pork Shoyu Ramen. And seriously, I am so sick of shitake mushrooms, they feel slimy when preparing, they taste >.< and erm, the aroma is seriously overwhelming ._. the smell still lingers in the kitchen.

So this was the start of my first-ever attempt at creating the perfect ramen. I started stir-frying the ingredients (duntellyouwhat) ...erm,lets just say it was a good thing my mom was there to help. >.<....

Anyways, this was the final result...erm, suprisingly, it was actually not bad la, better than i expected. huge thanks to the spring onions.(if you know what it does).xD. erm, the noodles was soggy, the mushroom taste wasnt that appealing after all...erm, I think i might not make any more shoyu items for a while...


neh. soggy noodles. but overall okay la, not bad for first-timer...I didnt follow any recipe can?!


Later, I cooked this for my sister- Pork Shoyu Ramen, I guess it was a huge improvement fromt the first, I didnt create such a huge mess, and although i added only a FEW slices of shitake mushrooms....sigh, the whole dish was overwhelmed with a slight shitake undertaste...


See? less mushrooms and more pork transforms a Mushroom Shoyu Ramen into a Pork Shoyu Ramen.


Heh heh, pai sei, I broke the egg a lil' early but never mind, it was fun, and the clearing up was tiring. But erm, haha, i dunno.

Anyways. I'm thinking one of these days i'll go town, takashimaya and buy proper japanese ingredients, and perhaps eat out at ajisen for inspiration. any takers? I need people go with me. I scared get lost >.<.

xD

No comments: